Prep Time: 20-30mins, with at least 12 hours to cool in the fridge. You can check if it’s ready by pressing the middle. If it’s firm, grab a fork
Serves 6 – (Depends really, if you don’t like to share, it serves one!)
Everything you’ll need to make heaven on a plate
|How Much?||Buttery Biscuit Base|
|200g||Digestive biscuits, crushed|
|50g||Gingernut biscuits, crushed|
|How Much?||Deliciously Creamy Filling|
|600g||Soft cheese (I use Philadelphia)|
|2 tbps||Vanilla essence|
The best advice I can give you is to take your time over the preparation. What you’re aiming for is a cheesecake that not only tastes amazing, but looks fantastic
For the buttery biscuit base…
- First you’ll want to grease the base and inside of the springform tin with some butter. Easiest way to do this is with a clean hand! Scoop some butter onto your fingers and thoroughly grease the tin
- Break up your biscuits into quarters by hand and put into a sandwich bag
- Grab a rolling pin, twist up the bag and smash the biscuits to a crumbs. Best to lay the bag on the counter and not try to smash the biscuits in mid air – accidents may ensue!
- Melt the butter slowly in a saucepan on a low heat. This way, the butter doesn’t burn or reduce
- Stir the smashed biscuits into the butter and then press the buttery biscuits into the base of the tin
- Pop the tin and the base into the fridge while you make the filling. Your base will be nice and firm by the time you go to add the filling
For the creamy filling…
- In a bowl, use a wooden spoon (or hand mixer for the lazy and hungry) to mix the cream cheese, icing sugar and double cream to a smooth consistency
- Beat in your vanilla until thoroughly blended. You can add more to taste!
- This cheesecake could have any topping you like – melted chocolate is a favourite with Husband!
- Place into the fridge and don’t touch it for at least 12 hours! It will be ready when the mix is firm to touch
Use a silver dinner knife and gently edge around the tin, freeing the delicious cheesecake from the sides. Pop off the springform sides and try not to devour too quickly!