Prep time: 5 mins prep, 3.5 mins cooking time
Serves: Just you. To add more people, add more ingredients
|How Much?||Delicious Details|
|Your choice!||Medium Eggs|
|A drop or two||Oil|
|3/4 pan||Boiling water|
What with Husband needing some new things to eat I decided to try my hand at poached egg!
- You will need 2 cups/ramekins and as many sandwich bags as you have eggs. 2 eggs? 2 bags.
- Put a pan of cold water on to boil
- Arrange the sandwich bags in the cup so its one corner down and drop a little oil in
- Rub the bag so the oil spreads around the base and in the corners. DO NOT use too much!
- Crack the eggs into the bags and tie them loosely
- When the water comes to the boil, place the egg gently into the pan and start a timer for 3mins 30 seconds
- When the timer goes off, lift the bags into their cups/ramekins again
- Gently cup open the bag and use a spoon to scoop out the perfect poached egg
Add to toast, black pudding, chips or a full on fry up. Lovely!